Monday, December 21, 2015

Kelsey Capri is here!

Wednesday December 2nd: Well it looks like we'll be heading to the hospital tomorrow I will call labor and delivery 6 a.m. to see if they have a spot for us for induction! Super nervous / anxious over here. Dan is at the hospital visiting his dad who has been in the hospital for the last week since Sunday when we're at Beth's house for Thanksgiving he exhibited signs of a stroke he has been in the hospital ever since trying to get his heart rate under control.

I'm going to try and take a bath tonight to relax a little and hope to get a good night's sleep before tomorrow I highly doubt that will happen I'm so nervous I hope everything goes well.

Thursday December 3rd: Called labor and delivery at 6 they told me they had a spot for me and to come in at 7:15 AM. We dropped the boys off at Alicia's and took one last picture before heading to the hospital. Man it is so weird entering the hospital with all of our stuff without being actually in labor like the last pregnancies, weird doesn't even describe it!  We were checked in and in our room within minutes the nurse came in and hooked me up to an IV and I got me all registered about 10 minutes later my doctor arrived and she checked me I was already at 4 centimeters and started the induction which entailed only rupturing my water which to my surprise didn't hurt at all, after I got all hooked up to the heart rate monitor and they started the pitocin drip I started having contractions around 9-930. Not knowing how long this laboring was going to take I decided to get up and walk around we took two walks down the length of the hallway and got back to the room where we met the nurse at this point the contractions were coming one minute apart and I was in a lot of pain the nurse told me if I was going to get an epidural now would be the time! About five minutes later the anesthesiologist came in and started putting the epidural in after about 15 to 20 minutes it was in and she had given me the numbing agent but not yet hooked up the epidural medication when I started having the urge to push so the nurse called for my doctor who arrived just in time for me to push baby Kelsey out in two contractions. 

Kelsey Capri Fredrickson was born at 11:14 a.m. weighing 7 pounds 4 ounces 19 and a half inches long she had some bruising on her face but overall was healthy baby girl!

After (the golden hour) as the hospital calls it. Which is where we are given time to nurse and bond with baby alone in delivery room, our nurse came in and weighed and measured her. Them we headed to our postpartum room upstairs.  

We had several visitors that day the first being Caiden and Connor of course. Along with Alicia and her crew, next was Grandma Fran, Beth and Jordan and their kids and finally my parents Jen and Miranda. 

The boys showed up with flowers in pink shirts and they were so excited to meet their baby sister Caiden was in love and Connor was kind of scared because she was crying when it was loud. 

We had two other visitors the following day Agatha & Maritza and her kids and we finally got out of the hospital Saturday December 5th. 

We are so thankful for all the visitors and the gifts they brought for us!! Love!! 

I was very impressed with the hospital and nursing staff they were so on top of things and we has a very pleasant expirience!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment